Does axis2c do something to file descriptor 2?
Paul Ackersviller
2013-02-20 18:13:53 UTC
I've recently noticed that after calling a web service via axis2c,
all subsequent output to stderr no longer appears, or possibly goes
somewhere I haven't located. I haven't found out where this might
be happening -- can anyone point to what I might be missing?
Rune Sindahl
2013-02-21 08:13:59 UTC

You don't mention which server you are using(apache web server or
simple_axis2c_server), but in my experience(using apache web server to load
the axis2-module) the stderr gets redirected by apache to the error_log
inside the httpd/logs/ directory on CentOS. Have you checked this place?

Kind regards
Rune Sindahl

pda-WF+
2013-02-21 21:23:04 UTC
Thanks, but there isn't any apache server involved on the client side
where the axis call happens. Searching again, this line looks suspicious:
src/core/transport/http/sender/ssl/ssl_utils.c:62: bio_err = BIO_new_fp(stderr, BIO_NOCLOSE);

We are using ssl, but I'm unfamiliar with BIO_new_fp -- can anyone say
whether that could be what does it?