[Axis2] How to handle/override Fault in SOAP request
Krishna Kadire
2018-09-21 04:48:27 UTC

When we have invalid characters(<,>,&..) in soap request, example:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/>" xmlns:per="http://person.ws<http://person.ws/>">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<per:login>

<!--Optional:-->

<per:args0><dfg</per:args0>

<!--Optional:-->

<per:args1>secret</per:args1>

</per:login>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

We are getting below response:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/>">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<soapenv:Fault>

<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character '&lt;' (code 60) excepted space, or '>' or "/>"

at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [6,25]</faultstring>

<detail/>

</soapenv:Fault>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

We are getting kind of stack trace in <faultstring>, is there any way to get user defined error message instead of stacktrace.

can we override handleFault() method in AxisServlet or can you please provide example of handling fault to show custom messages.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Krishna